Thursday, May 7, 2009

Logic

My strong suit? Not really, especially not in the realm of relationships with other people. Those are illogical to the extreme.
i.e. Last night I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Really, we aren't that close at all. He was holding hands with a girl. I had no idea he was dating someone! (Public handholding points to that, right? I haven't been single so long that I've forgotten everything about dating right?) Not that I care, I'm glad he's happy. But damn it! If he's got a girlfriend...

Does everyone else I know have secret girlfriends too?

And then my other friend has this lab partner. We always knew that he liked her, but my friend seemed pretty apathetic. And yesterday, what do I find? There has been kissing. Now, I don't know about hand-holding but I'm pretty sure I remember something about kissing.

Again, I am thrilled for her. Just... surprised.

So now logic follows that since these two people have secret (from me) little lovers that the young man for whom I hold a small flame must have a secret girlfriend. That is why I haven't heard from him in a week. Obviously. Not because he has ridiculous amounts of studying to do, not because of midterms. Secret Girlfriend!

Because that's how logic works, right?
Grump.

No comments: